- Unique educational experience for children
- Content is designed and written by Splat Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through literacy, drama, speaking & listening, geography/history, SMSC and DT
- Splatt Theatre Company will transform your school by bringing the Rainforest experience directly to you
Through sound, Art, movement and storytelling your children will be taken on a journey of discovery to the Amazonian rainforest.
The day involves…
- Interactive storytelling – performed by a professionally trained storyteller and actress. The story has been created specifically for this event and introduces the children to tribal life and the demise of the rainforest and its people
- A physical theatre masked workshop; children will explore characters from the story through the medium of masked theatre, which mirrors the spiritual aspects of rainforest tribal traditions
- Tribal dancing; children will learn a dance routine that infuses Samba and Bossa Nova rhythms
- Forest School – children will create their own Rainforest jewellery or clay masks (dependent upon the season) using natural materials led by an accredited Forest School provider.
- This is a real-life adventure where the children will become Rainforest tribes people for the day.
Learning aspects of the Rainforest workshop:
- Creative expression & development
- Multi-sensory experiences
- Environment & Sustainability
Our unique experiences can be tailored for your school’s learning of this theme