Splatt Theatre Company invites your children to travel back in time to a 1940s ‘holding accommodation’, where your children will experience the day in the life of a war time refugee/evacuee/kinder transport child
- Unique immersive & site specific educational experience for children
- Content is designed and written by Splatt Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through Literacy, Drama, Speaking & Listening, History, SMSC and DT
- Sessions run in venues with easy public transport connections, can be brought to your school or take place in a local church hall
The workshop is a day in role and involves…
- Being met and registered by billeting officers who will immerse the children in a full day in the life of a WWII child
- War time memories performed by professionally trained actors with child interaction
- Ration-book cooking; children will learn about foods and nutrition during the war and they will cook a war time recipe.
- Make-do-and-mend; children will have hands-on experience of the make-do-and-mend initiative. They will learn basic sewing techniques.
This year’s World War II experience is taking place in church venues with war time history in your local area. Church halls were traditionally used as holding accommodation for child refugees and evacuees whilst finding host families which makes the day authentically site-specific.
The workshops are led by professional actors, who remain in character throughout the day, constantly incorporating elements of drama and fun to enhance the learning environment. This is a real-life adventure where the children will be immersed in the spirit of the 1940’s, experiencing stories and historical facts delivered through carefully designed theatre, original war-time audio extracts and war time music.
Runs in Autumn and Spring terms.
What Other Schools have said:
“Thank you to you and all your staff, especially Sarah and Felicity, for the amazing learning experience you gave the children today. They were so excited and full of it when they came back to school and wanted to tell everyone about their day. The children have learned and experienced so much about life in WWII – thank you once again!”
HAWES DOWN JUNIOR SCHOOL
“Thanks to your team for a BRILLIANT World War II experience day. My daughter loved it and hasn’t stopped talking about it.” BALGOWAN SCHOOL
Splatt Theatre Company also offer storytelling, touring productions and Rainforest themed days.
Splatt Theatre Company runs at pop up venues and also come to your school, please call us for more information 020 3326 1160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org