Course starts Monday 18 April 17:15-18:15
£175 for 13 weeks (the remaining classes will be after school or at weekends, times to be confirmed)
We always try our best to find a day that works for the majority of the group during the week days.
Here are some examples of what to expect.
• Methods of cookery from frying to baking
• Use of a variety of kitchen equipment – blenders, mixers and food processors
• The cookery book – healthy main meals and snacks, delicious puddings
• Food safety and hygiene skills – from ways to store food to the correct knife skills
• Understanding how to adapt recipes to allow for food allergies/intolerances and religious reasons
• Cooking for vegans and vegetarians
• From leftovers to the basic store cupboard – cooking within the limits of a budget
• Cooking with seasonal ingredients
• Understanding where food comes from
Each session includes the practical preparation of one or two dishes, which will be packaged up and ready to enjoy at home. There will also be a discussion and partial demonstration (where time allows) of a further dish to be cooked at home before the next lesson. This is a really important part of the course as it allows for continued study and testing of the skills learned.
On the last session we conclude with a final assessment, including a review of the evidence of continued learning plus evaluation sheets and Q&A to ensure that all goals have been achieved.