- 2 skinless Chicken Breast
- or 4 skinless/boned Chicken Thighs
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 cm of Fresh Ginger
- 70g Natural Yoghurt
- 30ml Passata
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 1 large Pepper
- 1/2 Onion
Wooden skewers pre-soaked in water
Top tip: Liquidise chopped tinned tomatoes instead of Passata.
- On a meat chopping board cut the chicken into small bite size chunks, place in a bowl.
- Wash your hands.
- Crush the garlic and add to the chicken.
- Peel and grate the ginger, add to the bowl.
- Add the yoghurt, passata and 1tablespoon of olive oil
- Add Garam Masala, Tumeric, Paprika and a pinch of salt and a large pinch of black pepper.
- Mix altogether so everything is well coated and cover with cling film and place in the fridge for around 2 hours to marinate.
- Halve the peppers and with a teaspoon scrape out the seeds and removed the white pith. Cut in to chunks about the same size at the chicken pieces.
- Cut the onion into similar sized chunks.
- Once the chicken has marinated, dry off the skewers and thread the chicken, onion and peppers on to the skewers.
- Drizzle with a little oil.
- Heat a griddle pan so that it is very hot and cook the kebabs for approx. 10-15 minutes, turn every 4/5 minutes so all sides are golden. Alternatively place under a grill or onto a BBQ