Serves 2/3 people
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 3 or 4 pitted olives, rinsed and chopped
For the Salad
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 250g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 200g fine green beans
- ½ red onion, finely chopped or sliced
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, torn into bite sizes
- 6 pitted olives, rinsed and halve
- Prepare by chopping onions, halving cherry tomatoes and washing, drying and tearing the lettuce leaves. Place in a medium size serving bowl and leave to one side.
- Prepare the dressing by grating the garlic, juicing the lemon, chopping the basil and olives.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil and olives together in a small serving bowl along with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the dressing over the chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan with a lid (or use foil to cover) and cook the chicken for approx. 12 mins. Turn half way through.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of water and boil for approx. 7 mins.
- Add the beans to the pan and cook for another 5 mins until both are just tender, drain and leave to the side.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and place to one side to rest whilst you assemble the salad.
- Add the potatoes, beans and olives to the salad. Stir through with serving spoons.
- Slice the chicken, add to the salad.
- Any chicken juice add to the dressing for extra taste.
Traditionally this is served with fresh tuna instead of chicken.