Romans & Greeks Immersive Theatre Performance
(Suitable for Key Stage 2)
SPLATT Theatre present their unique production of the classical tale – Medusa.
“Venture through the land of the Hyperborean, enter the lair of the Gorgan, keep your eyes wide shut and whatever you do…don’t look at her.”
What the experience includes
- Content is designed and written by SPLATT Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through Literacy, Drama, Speaking & Listening, History, SMSC.
- A site-specific experience held at The Mansion, Beckenham Place Park. The Mansion is known for its Romanesque architecture and ancient woods making it the perfect setting for our performance.
- Your children will be greeted by a Roman solider on entering the park, which is when your experience will begin.
- A full-scale production performed by professionally trained actors in the Main Hall of the mansion.
- A Greek Theatre Workshop – here your children will get the opportunity to explore the characters and themes from the play in greater detail. Through Theatre Games, Tableaus, Mask work and Improvisation your children will discover how actors performed in Ancient Greek Theatres and the role of the Chorus in performance.
- And the cast also invite the children to have a picnic in either the beautiful grounds of the mansion or Dining Room.
These are some of the benefits our Roman & Greek experience hopes to achieve for your children…
- Develops speaking and listening through Drama & Theatre
- A tolerance & empathy of other cultures & viewpoints
- Creates for them a culturally enriching environment
- Inspiration for their own creative expression and development
- Promotes growth of their self confidence
- Boosts their ability to work cooperatively
- Help with concentration
- Assist in the engagement of imaginative & possibility thinking
- Enhances their literary knowledge through an introduction to pros and verse
The Mansion Beckenham Place Park, Beckenham Hill Road, BR3 1UH
You can travel to The mansion-
By bus: The 54 bus route from Lewisham and Elmers End stops on Beckenham Hill outside the main gate or at the park entrance near Braeside. And the 358, 227 and 352 will get you within a 10-15 minute walk of the park.
By rail: Beckenham Junction, new Beckenham and Lower Sydenham Stations are also a 15 minute walk from the park entrance. Beckenham Hill Station is adjacent to the main Southend Lodge entrance. Ravensbourne Station is adjacent to the Crab Hill entrance and near the Ravensbourne Avenue entrance.
Car Parking is inside the park via the main entrance or at the Old Bromley Road entrance.
Alternatively, we are available for bookings at your own school premises should you prefer.
Prices start from £250
Interested in one of our theatre performances? Contact Us on 0203 794 5284 for more information