Stone Age Hunters/Gatherers Immersive Theatre Performance
(Suitable for Key Stage 2)
“There is an ancient story that I came across on my travels and it is a story about a swan woman that can transform from swan to women. Her tale is painted on standing stones and her story has been passed down to us from ancestor to ancestor.”
What the experience includes
- Content that has been designed and written by SPLATT Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through literacy, drama, speaking & listening, geography/history and SMSC.
- A professionally trained actor/storyteller and a professionally trained dancer/choreographer to attend your school.
- A Tribal Dance Workshop – Your children will explore two ancient clans of Britain through Dance. The dance they create will latter be performed during the storytelling.
- A game show (Are You Smarter than A Cave Man?) – Your children will get the opportunity to become contestants and compete against each other in a fun filled Stone Age inspired game show.
- Interactive Storytelling – By learning about ancient burial practices, your children will uncover an ancient story from Stone Age Britain. They will follow the story of Toorak a renowned hunter from the Wolf Clan and the plight of a Swan Maiden.
These are some of the benefits our Stone Age Hunters & Gatherers experience hopes to achieve for your children…
- Develops Speaking and Listening through Drama & Theatre
- An empathy & tolerance of other cultures & viewpoints
- Creates for them a culturally enriching environment
- Inspiration for their own creative expression and development
- Encourage tolerance & Empathy
- Promotes growth of their self confidence
- Boosts their ability to work cooperatively
- Helps with concentration
- Assist in the engagement of imaginative & possibility thinking
SPLATT Theatre will come directly to your school and all we will require is access to a school hall/library or a room of a similar size, however we will do our upmost to work around the space you have.
Prices start from £200