Storytelling & Mini Performances
(Suitable for Key Stage 1 & 2)
SPLATT Theatre’s storytelling performances are tailormade around your school and we can focus on specific themes and events to achieve this. SPLATT Theatre loves bringing characters from children’s books to life from ‘Alice in Wonderland’ to ‘Winnie the Witch’. We also offer theatrical and creative workshops to complement the experience. Our storytelling & Mini performances are perfect for World Book Week, Storytelling Week, Library Openings & celebrations.
Themes we can cover
- Fairy Tales
- Classical stories
- Under the sea
(We are constantly creating new performances and if you believe there is a topic which we should be covering that you can’t find on here we would love to hear from you.)
What the experience involves
- Content that has been designed and written by SPLATT Theatre Company to cover curriculum thematically through literacy, drama, speaking & listening, geography/history and SMSC.
- Professionally trained actors and storytellers.
- A storytelling session or mini performance of your choice. which complements your curriculum or themed learning?
- A Drama workshop which develops your children’s speaking and listening. Your children will learn through engagement in creating physical landscapes, soundscapes, chants and rhymes. They will be encouraged to explore the plot and characters from the story physically and emotionally and re-create the story in their own words.
These are some of the benefits our Storytelling and Mini Performances hope to achieve for your children…
- Enriches vocabulary
- Develops speaking and listening through Drama & Theatre
- A tolerance & empathy of other cultures & viewpoints
- Creates for them a culturally enriching environment
- Inspiration for their own creative expression and development
- Promotes growth of their self confidence
- Boosts their ability to work cooperatively
- Helps with concentration
- Assist in the engagement of imaginative & possibility thinking
Splatt Theatre will come directly to your school and all we will require is access to a school Hall/library or classroom depending on the number of children you would like to participate in the experience.
Half or Full day Experiences can be offered
Prices start from £120
Interested in one of our school theatre performances? Contact Us on 0203 794 5284 for more information